Loading items correctly inside your truck will make the ride smoother and unloading a whole lot easier. Here are a few suggestions.
- The heaviest items should always be load first; this will help keep the truck stable on the road. Itís a good idea to store items youíll use most at the front of the unit where you can get them easily. And make sure to rent the right sized truck for your journey.
- Load the truck a quarter at a time, packing it tightly from the floor to ceiling. Secure each quarter with rope tied to the tie-down rings.
- Situate large china cabinets, bureaus, sofas, refrigerators, and other heavy appliances against the front wall of the truck. Use protective covers on sofas and mattresses. Then load chairs, tables, bookcases and light items towards the back.
- Stand large, flat items like tabletops, mattresses, box springs, and mirrors upright against the truck walls and tie them securely.
- Protect pictures and mirrors by wrapping them with protective pads or use a special mirror carton and store them on end. Make sure to have all of the right packing materials in advance.
- Stack smaller, lighter boxes on top of larger, heavier ones.
- Keep valuable papers and items with you so they are not lost or damaged.